The deadline for abstract submission to LSPPC6 is October 31, 2020: just around the corner!
We are pleased to announce our second call for the 6th International Conference of the Asia-Pacific LSP & Professional Communication Association on the theme of “Multimodality and Beyond: Addressing complexity and emerging needs in LSP”, to be held online from June 3rd to 5th 2021, hosted by the Department of English at City University of Hong Kong. Given the importance of gesture to multimodality, this conference is being organised in collaboration with the regional hub of the International Society for Gesture Studies (ISGS Hong Kong).
We are going online
In view of the continuing travel restrictions and other issues associated with the global pandemic, we have taken the difficult decision to move the conference from a physical, face-to-face event to an online, virtual event. We hope that this decision provides you with some certainty and that you will be able to submit an abstract in the knowledge that you will be able to participate from a distance. While an online event can never replace a face-to-face one, we will be able to charge less than we would have had to for the ‘real life’ event. In addition, we hope that this will be a ‘greener’ event without the need for airfares and hotels, as well as making it possible for more people to attend. With a bit of luck (but probably a few hiccups along the way), we hope to simulate an exciting and engaging event that results in new connections, new knowledge, and various kinds of academic 'outputs'.
Confirmed Plenary and Workshop Speakers (abstracts and bios on website):
Invited Panels, Convened and Chaired by (confirmed panelists listed on website):
Submission of Abstracts
Submission of abstracts is now open: Click here to submit!
We invite paper presentations, poster presentations and thematic panels that address any aspect of LSP and Professional Communication research including but not exclusively limited to the following themes of the conference:
- Multimodality/multisensoriality in language, communication and interaction
- Methods, frameworks, and theories of multimodality in LSP and professional communication
- Multimodal transcription / multimodal representation of data
- Digital genres and practices in LSP and professional communication
- Research methods in LSP and professional communication
- Needs analysis in LSP and professional communication
- Genre pedagogy in LSP and professional communication
- Digital literacies pedagogy in LSP and professional communication
- Course/materials design in LSP and professional communication
- Testing and assessment in LSP and professional communication
- Teacher training in LSP and professional communication
- Language as embodied activity: gesture, languaging, and translanguaging
- Emotion and affect in LSP and Professional Communication
- English for research publication purposes: Genres, data, resources, and platforms
- Academic and professional practices: Language and genre analysis
The local organising committee at the Department of English, City University of Hong Kong, looks forward to seeing you online!