Call for Papers
2020 TESPA International Conference on English for Specific Purposes
Conference Dates: October 16-17, 2020
Conference Venue: GIS Taipei Tech Convention Center, Taipei, Taiwan
Conference Host: Taiwan ESP Association
Co-organizer: Department of English, National Taipei University of Technology
TESPA Website: http://www.tespa.org.tw/
Associate Professor, School of Linguistics and Applied Language Studies, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
Co-Editor, English for Specific Purposes
Associate Director, Intercultural Communication and English as a Second Language (ESL), Georgia State University
*note: will be confirmed contingent on the situation of COVID-19 in June
Authors are encouraged to submit an abstract on topics relevant to the teaching and learning of English for specific purposes (ESP), including but not limited to:
- Analysis of discourse and interaction
- Applied linguistics and corpus analysis
- Assessment and evaluation of learning performance
- Bilingual education, language planning and policy
- Content and language integrated learning (CLIL)
- Curriculum development and evaluation
- Cross-cultural communication
- English as a medium of instruction (EMI)
- Language learning and technology
- Teacher education
- Translation and interpreting
- Other foreign language teaching and learning issues
- Abstract submission deadline: July 1, 2020
- Notification of abstract acceptance: July 20, 2020
- Full paper submission deadline: August 20, 2020
- Notification of best paper awards: October 10, 2020
- Conference dates: October 16-17, 2020
- Deadline of submitting the revised papers: November 10, 2020
- Notification of acceptance of revised full paper: November 30, 2020
Type of Presentations:
Each paper will be allocated 20 minutes for oral presentation and 10 minutes for discussion.
- Abstracts should be between 250 to 300 words.
- Submissions of abstracts should be sent to Tanya Chang: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please indicate “2020 TESPA Conference Abstract” as the subject of your email.
- All accepted abstracts will be invited for the submission of full papers; both abstracts and full papers will be accepted in English only.
- Please provide the following information when you submit the abstract: name(s), institution(s), title(s), email address(es), and phone number(s) of all the author(s).
Full Paper Submission:
- Full papers will be reviewed, and selected papers will be published in Taiwan International ESP Journal (TIESPJ, listed in TCI-HSS, ACI and accepted by Scopus) as a special issue. Please follow the submission guideline of the journal: http://tiespj.org/
- Complying with the submission guideline of Taiwan International ESP Journal, two types of submission are welcomed:
- articles up to 7,000 words that focus primarily on the following areas of inquiry and development in ESP/CLIL/EMI
- forums up to 3,500 words that discuss researchers’ and practitioners’ reflection on their current ESP/CLIL/EMI pedagogical practices.
- Articles and forums should be submitted electronically to iPress Online Submission System. Please also send an email to Ms. Sally Wu email@example.com for confirmation with the subject as “2020 TIESPJ Special Issue”, including (a) your full name, (b) full paper title, and (c) email address you use for full paper submission.
Best Paper Award and Best Student Paper Award:
- The awards will be given to two papers, which will be selected by the committee among the accepted full-length articles for publication in the TIESPJ Special Issue.
- A prize of NT$10,000 and NT$5,000 will be awarded to the best full-length article for Best Paper Award and Best Student Paper Award respectively. A paper is eligible for Best Student Paper Award if the first and corresponding author is a full-time student at the time of abstract submission.
- The awards will be announced and bestowed at the TESPA conference opening session.
Mr. Johnson Kao (高先生) TEL: (02)2771-2171 #1173 firstname.lastname@example.org