(Call for Papers) NTUT, ETRA & TESPA to Host a Joint Conference, Oct. 11-13
Conference Website https://aplx.org/
Call for Papers
Areas & Topics
Abstracts are welcome in any area of applied linguistics, bilingual education, and English language teaching and learning, including but not limited to:
- Bilingual Education and Bilingualism: English medium instruction (EMI), content and language integrated learning (CLIL), bilingual policies, bilingual language acquisition, bilingual teacher education, and other relevant topics;
- Applied Linguistics: multimodalities, pragmatics, discourse analysis, psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics, corpus linguistics, phraseology, language and culture, language and technology, language assessment, cross-linguistic and cross-cultural communication, gender studies, and other relevant topics;
- Foreign Language Teaching Theory and Practice: L2 acquisition/SLA, content-based instruction, multi-/cross-cultural issues in English education, language assessment, technology and English education, and other relevant topics;
- ESP Research and Teaching: technical writing, corpus resources, English for vocational education/business/tourism/science/technology/ management, innovations in ESP curriculum design, international/inter-cultural communication, trends and challenges in English for specific purposes, and other relevant topics;
- Translation Studies: theory and practice of translation and interpretation, translation and interpretation teaching, audiovisual translation, game localization, translation and technology, news translation, and other relevant topics.
- Abstract submission deadline: May 10, 2023
- Notification of abstract acceptance: June 10, 2023
- Abstracts should be between 200 to 300 words.
- Please follow this link to submit your abstract on Oxford Abstracts (a free account with Oxford Abstracts is required).
- All accepted abstracts (both oral presentations and posters) will be invited for the submission of full papers; full papers will be accepted in English only.
Types of Presentations
- Oral presentation Each paper will be allocated 20 minutes for oral presentation and 10 minutes for discussion.
- Poster presentation A dedicated area and time slot will be arranged for display and discussion of posters.
The official languages of the conference are English and Mandarin Chinese. Proposals can be written in either English or Chinese, and each paper should be presented in the language in which it is submitted.
We will be awarding Best Presentation, Best Paper, and Best Student Paper in this conference. For more information, please refer to Awards.
We will be publishing with the Taiwan International ESP Journal (TIESPJ), indexed in TCI-HSS, ACI, and Scopus. For more information, please refer to Publication.